Healthy fried rice? Yes, it is possible. Here’s how.
Total Time: 22 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about ¾ cup each
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large egg whites
1½ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
8 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
4 oz. fresh peas (about ½ cup) (optional)
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add egg whites; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs start to set.
4. Add rice, chicken, peas, and soy sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Divide evenly into four serving bowls; garnish evenly with green onion.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.