Let’s talk about pizza.
There’s New York-style, where toppings are served up on a super thin crust that you can bend and eat as you people watch your way down the street.
There’s Chicago’s deep dish with slices so dense and rich that it’s hard to eat more than one.
And there’s California pizza made with a cauliflower crust and topped with unique toppings like arugula, prosciutto, and a fried egg.
Unfortunately, most of them don’t fall under the classification of “clean eating.”
But you can’t go wrong with this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza: a savory sauce, the tang of crunchy red onions, corn, black beans, and of course, cheese.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
This BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza is smothered with beans, onions, barbecue sauce, and cheese.
- 2 whole-wheat flatbreads or 6½-inch whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup reduced-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1½ cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet.
Spread barbecue sauce evenly on flatbreads.
Top flatbreads evenly with chicken, black beans, corn, onion, and cheese.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Top evenly with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Look for barbecue sauce that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
- Or use this healthier barbecue sauce!
Body Beast Portions
2B Mindset Plate It!
Enjoy as part of a great lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.
Photos by Amanda Mexiner.