This delicious restaurant favorite is easy to make at home! Our version is healthy and packed with a rainbow of vegetables.
Chicken and Veggie Fajitas
Make this restaurant favorite at home!
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 dash sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil divided use
- 4 4-oz. raw chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch strips
- ½ medium green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- ½ medium red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow or orange carrot sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 6-inch whole wheat tortillas warm
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
- lime wedges for garnish; optional
Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. oil in large resealable plastic bag.
Add chicken; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add bell peppers, onion, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
Add lime juice; mix well.
Top each tortilla evenly with chicken mixture and salsa; garnish with lime wedges if desired.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add more veggies for a great lunch. Or add veggies and skip the tortillas for dinner.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.