This no-cook Swiss Oatmeal recipe is meant to be made the night before you intend to eat it. It features a host of healthy ingredients like almond milk, freshly diced strawberry, sliced banana, sliced almonds, chia seeds, and old-fashioned rolled oats. Ground cinnamon and vanilla extract give this healthy breakfast an extra burst of flavor. This recipe is incredibly versatile you could really use any combination of delicious fruits and nuts.
To ensure this recipe is gluten-free be sure you purchase rolled oats that are labeled gluten-free. Some rolled oats are cut on equipment that’s also used to grind flour, so if you have a gluten intolerance/allergy this is a key consideration.
This healthy Swiss Oatmeal breakfast features creamy almond milk, old-fashioned rolled oats, reduced-fat Greek yogurt, and is topped with fresh fruit.
- ½ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ small apple chopped
- ¼ large banana chopped
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 raw walnut halves (or 12 whole almonds), chopped
- Stevia (optional, to taste)
Place oats, almond milk, yogurt, apple, banana, extract, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well. Soak, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, sprinkle walnuts and stevia (if desired) over the top. Enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
• ½ small pear, ½ cup sliced mango, or ½ cup sliced strawberries can be substituted for the apple or banana.
• 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds or 2 Tbsp. unsweetened flaked coconut can be substituted for the walnuts.
• For a vegan version, eliminate the yogurt. Don’t forget to adjust your equivalents!
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.