Put the ingredients for this oatmeal recipe in a slow cooker when you go to sleep, and it’ll be ready when you wake up in the morning!
Slow Cooker Steel-Cut Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups dry steel-cut oats
- 5 small apples chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
Lightly coat inside of slow cooker with spray.
Add water, almond milk, oats, apples, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, and flax seed; mix well. Cook for 5 to 7 hours on low (or 2 to 3 hours on high), or until edges are brown but not burned.
- Times can vary. In order to make sure oatmeal doesn’t burn, test it out the first time during the day to see how long it takes the oatmeal to cook in your slow cooker.
- Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or frozen in individual portions.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.