This classic Greek Chicken Pita features tender chicken breast, chopped tomato, refreshing cucumber, and most importantly — crumbled feta cheese. We went with a whole-wheat pita to give this satisfying meal a boost in nutritional value.
Dried oregano, crisp red onion, and tangy, fresh-squeezed lemon juice define the classic Greek flavors in this healthy pita.
Pre-chop all of your veggies at the beginning of the week and take advantage of a pre-cooked chicken breast and you’ll have a fast lunch you can enjoy every day of the week.
Greek Chicken Pita
This Greek Chicken Pita is a healthier take on chicken salad.
- 1 6½-inch whole wheat pita cut in half to make pockets
- 3 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 medium tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion optional
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese about 1/2 oz.
Fill pita halves evenly with chicken, tomato, cucumber, onion (if desired), oregano, lemon juice, romaine, and cheese.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Serve with additional veggies for lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.