We created this delicious chicken salad with spiced yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Wrapped in a hearty wheat tortilla stuffed with spinach, this wrap makes a satisfying meal.
Chicken and Spinach Wrap
This chicken and spinach wrap is a healthy lunch!
- 3 oz. raw chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-fat 2% plain yogurt
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash ground paprika optional
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper optional
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 cup raw spinach or romaine lettuce
Place chicken in a shallow glass dish. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat medium skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from skillet. Slice and set aside.
Combine yogurt with curry, garlic powder, paprika (if desired), and cayenne pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; mix well.
Spread yogurt mixture evenly on tortilla, leaving about ½-inch around the edge.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a side of veggies to make a great lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.