The origins of this beautifully balanced salad can be traced back to late 19th-century Nice, France.
Traditionalists have strong opinions as to which specific ingredients should go in the Salad Niçoise (nee-swa) and most chefs have their own unique recipe for this hearty French classic.
We gave the Salad Niçoise a healthy BODi makeover! This version is only 291 calories and contains 15 grams of protein per serving, so it makes a filling lunch or dinner.
We gave the Salad Niçoise a healthy makeover! Ours makes a filling lunch or dinner and has only 291 calories per serving.
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 6 cups shredded romaine (or Bibb lettuce or mixed greens)
- 1 (7-oz) can solid white tuna, packed in water drained, flaked into large pieces
- 8 oz steamed green beans cooled
- 4 boiled medium new potatoes cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs quartered lengthwise
- 4 medium tomatoes quartered
- ¼ medium red onion sliced
- 8 black olives pitted
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley (for garnish; optional)
To make dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil, whisking continuously, until blended. Set aside.
Evenly arrange lettuce on five serving plates. Top with tuna, green beans, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
Evenly drizzle dressing over salads
Garnish with parsley if desired.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.