Creamy feta cheese and sweet, juicy cranberries, and an unexpected touch of cinnamon make this a wonderful side dish to complement any fall or winter meal.
It’s a perfect butternut squash recipe for a festive Thanksgiving dinner feast!
Roasted Butternut Squash With Cranberries and Feta
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine squash, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
Place squash on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
Add cranberries and thyme (if desired); toss gently to blend. Bake to 10 to 15 minutes, or until cranberries are starting to soften and burst. Remove from oven.
Add honey, cinnamon, and cheese; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
An FFC as part of breakfast or lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.
Photos by Amanda Meixner