By making a few substitutions to this classic fall side dish, we’ve made it healthier without sacrificing flavor!
Glazed Yams With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 2½ lbs. medium yams, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided use
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Arrange yams in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Season evenly with ¼ tsp. salt. Set aside.
Combine orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice, butter, and honey in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Pour orange juice mixture over yams; toss to coat.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Bake yams, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes, or until fork-tender.
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
An FFC as part of breakfast or lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.