We gave traditional bread stuffing a lean makeover. Our healthier version uses whole grain bread and is loaded with colorful veggies!
Zucchini Stuffing with Mushrooms and Garlic
This hearty Zucchini Stuffing is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 medium shallots chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color) chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 cups whole-grain bread cubes
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth or veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp. white wine optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Heat oven at 350° F.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions, shallots, celery, and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine onion mixture, parsley, raisins, bread, broth, and wine (if desired) in a large bowl; mix well.
Place stuffing in a 3-quart baking dish lightly covered in spray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
½ Grain Carb
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.