This lentil salad is a winner in so many ways. It takes a little bit of effort to chop all of those fresh veggies and herbs, but once you’re done, you’ve got enough food for a week’s worth of meals.
Eat it in winter, spring, summer, or fall. It’s a good vegetarian source of protein and fiber and has only 221 calories per serving.
Tip: Don’t know how to cook lentils? Learn how.
Lentil and Feta Salad
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme (or 1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme)
- sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber finely chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely chopped
- ¾ medium red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup cup fresh mint leaves chopped
Combine lemon juice, oil, and thyme in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
Combine lentils, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and mint in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour (and up to 12 hours).
You can eat it after an hour, but the next day is the best!
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great FFC as part of breakfast or lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.