Skip the Chinese takeout and try your hand at making this flavorful, savory Beef and Broccoli recipe.
This recipe is in the FIXATE Vol. 2 Cookbook which includes 102 brand-new recipes from Autumn Calabrese and her brother, Bobby Calabrese.
The new FIXATE cookbook is chock-full of delicious, inspiring meals that will make everyone in your family crave healthy meals.
FIXATE Beef and Broccoli
Skip the Chinese takeout and make this FIXATE Beef and Broccoli recipe that's delicious and healthy.
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin (preferably from grass-fed cows
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. thinly sliced raw lean beef
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup onion, sliced (approx. 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced (approx. 1⅓ medium)
Sprinkle broth with gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Combine broth mixture, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until very hot.
Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until browned.
Add broccoli, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add broth mixture. Bring to a boil; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Good cuts of lean beef for stir-fry are eye of round, bottom round, or flank steak. Cutting across the grain will make the meat more tender.
- Serve each portion with ½ cup cooked brown rice. Don’t forget to add 1 Yellow container.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.