When you’re trying to get in knock-out shape, you need to fuel those hard-hitting workouts with the right foods in the proper portions. But figuring out what to eat to get killer results shouldn’t have to be a battle.
First, if you haven’t already, use the simple calculation on page 1 of the CORE DE FORCE Eating Plan to figure out your Calorie Target and the corresponding Food Plan that is right for you. This meal prep menu follows Plan A, the 1,200–1,500 calorie level. If you are eating at a higher calorie level, you get to eat even more healthy food! Simply add additional foods.
Or try one of the following:
- Meal Preps for 1,500–1,700 calories
- Meal Preps for 1,800–2,100 calories
- Meal Preps for 2,100–2,300 calories
What’s Included in the CORE DE FORCE Meal Plan?
This CORE DE FORCE meal plan for the 1,200–1,500 calorie level contains the recommended servings for week one and week four of your fitness program (we’ll get to weeks two and three in a moment). The nutrition plan uses color-coded portion control containers to measure out the amounts of foods you’ll eat each day so you’ll get the right combination of macronutrients and won’t have to count calories. Green is veggies, purple is fruits, red is protein, yellow is carbs, blue is healthy fats, and orange is for seeds and dressings. Each day you get:
- 3 green containers
- 2 purple containers
- 4 red containers
- 2 yellow containers
- 1 blue container
- 1 orange container
- 2 teaspoons
Each week, as your workouts become more intense, you’ll increase your calories a little bit to keep your metabolism burning fat. In the second and third week of CORE DE FORCE you’ll add more containers to get the extra nutrition you’ll need to support your workouts. During week two, add an extra serving of fruit each day (equivalent to one purple container). In week three, continue to eat the additional fruit, and add one more serving of healthy fats (equivalent to one blue container) each day. Then, in week four, you’ll return to the container amounts from the first week to finish strong and get amazing results. We’ve made suggestions in the menu below for how you can add those extra containers to this meal plan to use it during the second and third weeks of your CORE DE FORCE fitness program.
This meal plan includes a daily, protein-rich Shakeology snack. Don’t have Shakeology yet? Get all of the delicious Shakeology flavors here.
Here is What This CORE DE FORCE Meal Plan Will Look Like When You’re Done:
Breakfast M/W/F: Sautéed Kale and Red Bell Pepper Egg Cups (based on the Sautéed Kale with Poached Eggs recipe on page 32 of the Eating Plan)
Breakfast T/Th: Greek Yogurt Bowl
Shakeology Snack M/W/F: Strawberry Coconut Shakeology
Shakeology Snack T/Th: Peanut Butter Banana Shakeology
Lunch M/W/F: Seasoned Turkey and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Lunch T/Th: Spinach and Roast Beef Salad
Snack M/W/F: Herbed Yogurt Dip with Raw Veggies
Snack T/Th: Hard-Boiled Egg and Baby Carrots
Dinner M/W/F: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
Dinner T/Th: Jalapeño and Cheese Turkey Burgers
These are your meals for M/W/F:
These are your meals for T/Th:
M/W/F: Sautéed Kale and Red Bell Pepper Egg Cups made with 2 eggs, a mixture of ¼ onion, ½ cup chopped kale, ½ red bell pepper sautéed in 1 tsp. olive oil, and 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta (1 red, 1 green ½ blue, 1 tsp.) During CORE DE FORCE week two and three add fruit (1 purple).
T/Th: Greek Yogurt Bowl made with ¾ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup mixed berries, and ¼ tsp. cinnamon (1 purple, 1 red)
M/W/F: Strawberry Coconut Shakeology made with one scoop or packet of Shakeology, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 2 Tbsp. unsweetened, shredded coconut, water, and ice (1 red, 1 purple, 1 orange)
T/Th: Peanut Butter Banana Shakeology made with one scoop or packet of Shakeology, ½ large banana, 1 tsp. nut butter, water, and ice (1 red, 1 purple, 1 tsp.)
M/W/F: Seasoned Turkey and Black Bean Burrito Bowl made with 4 oz. ground turkey and spices cooked in 1 tsp. olive oil, ½ cup beans, ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup salsa (store-bought), and cilantro (½ purple, 1 red, 2 yellows, 1 tsp.) During CORE DE FORCE week three add ¼ avocado (1 blue)
T/Th: Spinach and Roast Beef Salad made with 1 cup baby spinach, 2 oz. sliced roast beef, ½ cup quinoa, 1 Tbsp. feta, 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette (1 green, ½ red, 1 yellow, ½ blue, 1 orange) During CORE DE FORCE week two and three add apple slices soaked in lemon juice (1 purple).
M/W/F: Herbed Yogurt Dip made with 3 oz. Greek yogurt blended with fresh or dried herbs (see instructions below) served with 1 cup veggies like baby carrots and sliced bell peppers (½ red, 1 green)
T/Th: Hard-boiled egg and 1 cup baby carrots or other raw veggies (½ red, 1 green)
M/W/F: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce and Parmesan Cheese made with 1 cup roasted spaghetti squash, 2 oz. ground beef, ½ cup tomato sauce, 2 cloves garlic, ½ tsp. dried oregano, 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan, and fresh basil (1 green, ½ red, ½ blue ½ purple)
T/Th: Jalapeño and Cheese Turkey Burgers (based on the Jalapeño and Cheese Burgers on page 40 of the CORE DE FORCE Eating Plan) made with 4 oz. ground turkey, ½ jalapeño, 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar, 1 leaf butter lettuce, 1 slice tomato, and 1 slice red onion, served with ½ cup baked sweet potato bites cooked with 1 tsp. olive oil (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow ½ blue, 1 tsp.) During CORE DE FORCE week three add ¼ avocado (1 blue).
¾ medium onion
1 medium red onion
1 large sweet potato
1 small spaghetti squash
1 small tomato
2 cups baby carrots
2 leaves butter lettuce (or other lettuce)
2 cups baby spinach
1½ cup kale
2 red bell peppers
1 yellow bell pepper
1 small jalapeño
1 head garlic
1 bunch cilantro
fresh basil (optional)
2 cups mixed berries
1 large banana
3 cups frozen strawberries
20 oz. extra lean ground turkey
6 oz. extra lean ground beef
4 oz. sliced roast beef
8 eggs (or 6 raw eggs and 2 hard-boiled eggs)
5 scoops or packets Shakeology
21 oz. 2% plain Greek yogurt
10 Tbsp. crumbled feta
6 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan
4 Tbsp. shredded cheddar or other cheese
6 Tbsp. unsweetened, shredded coconut
1½ cups low-sodium black beans (about 1 can)
1 cup dry quinoa (or 2½ cups cooked)
1½ cups salsa (store-bought)
4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1½ cups (12 oz.) tomato sauce
ground black pepper
dried oregano (or salt-free Italian seasoning)
ground cumin (or salt-free taco seasoning)
chili powder (or salt-free taco seasoning)
Your step-by-step plan to assemble this CORE DE FORCE Meal Plan:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half and scrape out and discard the seeds. Arrange the spaghetti squash face down in a glass baking dish. Fill the dish with just enough water to cover the bottom. Place in oven for 30-45 minutes, or until squash is tender and the skin can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop it into 1-inch cubes. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tsp. olive oil. Place on another rack of the oven and cook until tender, about 20 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aide to cool.
- Cook the quinoa. cook the quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Rinse and drain 1 cup quinoa, then add it to the boiling water. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender. When done, remove lid and set aside to cool. Quinoa can also be prepared in a rice cooker.
- Next, boil eggs for snacks. Place two eggs in large saucepan and add water to cover eggs by one inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and serve warm or rinse in cold water until cool. Place in refrigerator. Serve each egg with 1 cup baby carrots.
- Make the Jalapeño and Cheese Turkey Burgers. Lower the oven temperature to 350° F (after the spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes are done cooking!). Place 8 oz. ground turkey (reserve the rest for the burrito bowls), 1 finely chopped jalapeño, ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Combine well using a mixing spoon (because of the jalapeño,we don’t recommend mixing with your hands). Divide the mixture into two equal portions, then shape these into patties. Make a slight depression in the top of each patty. Place patties in a glass baking dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Leave oven on. When cool, place the burgers into two food storage containers; add one lettuce leaf, one thick slice of tomato, one slice of red onion, and ½ cup sweet potatoes. Place in refrigerator.
- Chop all vegetables for the Sautéed Kale and Red Bell Pepper Egg Cups (¾ onion, 1½ cup kale, 1½ red bell peppers). Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add all veggies to the pan and stir, cooking until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Crack six eggs into a bowl and whisk. Coat a large muffin tin with nonstick spray. Fill nine of the muffin cups with vegetables. Use a large spoon to cover the vegetables with eggs, adding a little bit at a time, until each cup is almost full. Top each with 1 Tbsp. crumbled feta. Place in the oven and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, until eggs are just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool; when cool, gently remove the egg muffins from the pan. Divide the egg muffins between three food containers, and place in the fridge. To reheat, microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or warm in a toaster over for 5 minutes. If you are in week two or three of your CORE DE FORCE fitness program, serve this meal with 1 cup fresh berries or other fruit.
- Next, make the Seasoned Turkey and Black Bean Burrito Bowls. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a pan over medium heat, place 12 oz. ground turkey in the pan, and stir frequently until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, 1 tsp. ground cumin and 1 tsp. chili powder (or salt-free taco seasoning mix). Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Divide turkey mixture evenly between three food containers. Add ½ cup black beans (drained and rinsed), ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup salsa, and top with 1 Tbsp. cilantro. Place in refrigerator. If you are in week two or three of your CORE DE FORCE fitness program, serve with ¼ avocado.
- Now, it’s time to make the Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce and Parmesan Cheese. Set out three food storage containers. Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out of its skin. Add 1 cup of squash to each container. Freeze any remaining squash for a future week. Wash the pan used for the Seasoned Turkey meat and place it over medium heat; coat it with nonstick spray. Add 6 oz. ground beef and three cloves of chopped garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper; stir frequently until the meat is no longer pink. Add 1½ cup tomato sauce and 1 tsp. dried oregano (or salt-free Italian seasoning), and cook two minutes more. Top each serving of spaghetti squash with equal amounts of sauce (about ¾ cup), 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan, and 1 tsp. fresh basil. Place in refrigerator. When ready to eat, heat in a microwave or in a pan on the stovetop for two minutes.
- Now, build the Greek Yogurt Bowls. Set out two food storage containers. To each, add ¾ cup yogurt, 1 cup mixed fresh berries, and ¼ tsp. cinnamon. Cover and place in fridge.
- Make the Herbed Yogurt Dip. In a small bowl mix 9 oz. (a little more than 1 cup) of yogurt, 2 tsp. dried oregano (or salt-free Italian seasoning), 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, and any other dried spices you want, like ½ tsp. dried thyme or dill, garlic powder, onion powder, a dash of paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chop the remaining ½ red bell pepper and one yellow bell pepper. Serve 3 oz. of dip with one cup of chopped bell peppers and baby carrots.
- You’re almost done! Last, build the Spinach and Roast Beef Salads. Prepare two large food storage containers. To each, add 1 cup baby spinach, 2 oz. sliced roast beef, ½ cup quinoa, 1 Tbsp. feta, and 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts. If you are in week two or three of your CORE DE FORCE fitness program, add 1 cup apple slices soaked in lemon juice to each salad. Cover, and place in fridge. Serve with 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette.