This savory apple crisp dessert features the rich flavor of baked apples, walnuts, oats, and a touch of maple syrup.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free oats if desired)
- ¼ cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium baking dish; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine oats, walnuts, remaining 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Top apple mixture with oat mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 2 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 3 g
1 Double Snack
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.