Plant-Based Meal Prep for 1,500–1,800 Calorie Level
T/Th: Edamame Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
Portion-Control Containers: 3 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow A, 1 tsp.
Ingredients per serving: 1½ cups cauliflower (riced), ¼ cup diced red onion, ¼ cup diced red bell pepper, ½ cup kale, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup corn, ¾ cup edamame, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 1 clove garlic, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. sriracha
- Microwave the frozen cauliflower rice per package instructions.
- While cauliflower rice is cooking, open and drain can of corn and heat 2 tsp. sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ½ cup diced red onion, ½ cup diced red bell pepper, and 2 cloves minced garlic to skillet, cooking just until vegetables have softened (about 5 minutes).
- Increase to high heat and add 3 cups cauliflower rice, 1 cup kale, 1 cup chopped broccoli, 1 cup corn, 1½ cups edamame, and ¼ cup soy sauce to skillet.
- Stir-fry vegetables over high heat for an additional 10 minutes, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Divide stir-fry into 2 large storage containers and refrigerate. When ready to eat, drizzle with 1 tsp. sriracha.
How to Create This Vegan Meal Prep
- Prepare the precooked brown rice and quinoa in the microwave or cook the dry grains in separate pots according to package directions.
- While the grains are cooking, prep the vegetables for the week. Wash, cut, and set each vegetable aside. This is the hardest part of the entire process! Once the veggies are prepped, everything else is easy.
- Remove the skin from the 2 onions (1 red and 1 white) and dice into small pieces; store in separate bowls.
- Rinse head of romaine, allow to air dry, and chop 4½ cups.
- Rinse spinach leaves and allow to air dry.
- Rinse bunches of kale, allow to air dry, and chop 7 cups.
- Rinse, deseed, and dice 2½ cups red bell pepper.
- Rinse and remove the ends from 2 large carrots; shred (or matchstick into thin slices) 1½ cups.
- Rinse and chop 1 cup broccoli.
- Rinse sweet potato and pierce skin all over with fork.
- Rinse and cut 10 slices of tomato.
- Rinse and loosely chop 4 Tbsp. cilantro.
- Rinse and mince 1½ tsp. dill.
- Rinse 8 large basil leaves and allow to air dry.
- Peel and mince 3 tsp. ginger root.
- Peel and mince 5 cloves of garlic. Store any unused vegetables for future use.
- Follow the instructions above for each recipe! (Make the Sweet Potato Curry first so you’ll have the extra chickpeas for the Smashed Chickpea Salad!)
21 Day Fix Vegan Meal-Prep Grocery List:
- 5 medium apples
- 3 medium oranges
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 lime
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 stem of basil (8 leaves)
- 1 sprig of dill
- 1½ cups sprouts
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (4½ cups total)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 7 cups raw kale
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 small ginger root
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 (12-oz.) packages cauliflower rice, frozen
- 1½ cups shelled edamame, fresh or frozen
- 1 head garlic
Dry and Canned Goods
- 1 loaf whole-grain bread
- 2½ cups pre-cooked quinoa or (about 1 cup dry quinoa)
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans
- 3 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas
- 1 (15-oz.) can lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup precooked brown rice (or ¼ cup dry brown rice)
- 1 (8-oz.) jar no sugar added pickles
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn
- 15 oz. firm tofu
- Balsamic vinegar
- 5 packets/scoops Vegan Shakeology
- Peanut butter
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Coconut oil
- Red curry paste
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to follow a vegan meal plan and still get enough protein?
By carefully planning your meals to include soy proteins, beans, legumes, and whole grains, it’s totally possible.
We’ve done the legwork for you with this vegan meal prep to ensure your diet is rich in complete and complementary proteins.
While this menu is slightly lower in protein and higher in carbs than the regular 21 Day Fix Nutrition Plan, it is equally as healthy and is higher in fiber, which helps with satiety and assists with weight loss.
When following this vegan meal prep, you’ll use the color-coded Portion-Control Containers to measure your food. They make it so simple to make sure you’re eating the right portions.
Since this meal prep is vegan, you’ll notice it has more Yellow Containers than the 1,500–1,800 calorie meal prep in the 21 Day Fix guide.
If you’re following a lower-calorie diet, try this 1,200–1,500 Vegan Meal Prep.
However, we’ve differentiated between whole grains that are essential to a vegan diet (Yellow Container A), and tubers and more processed carbohydrates (Yellow Container B).
Plant-Based 21 Day Fix Meal Prep for 1,500–1,800 Calories
Vegan Meal-Prep Meals
M/W/F: Tofu Scramble Bowl
Portion-Control Containers: 2½ Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow A, 1 tsp.
Ingredients per serving: ¾ cup diced firm tofu, ¼ cup red onion, ¼ cup red bell pepper, 2 cups raw kale, ½ cup cooked quinoa, 1 tsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. cumin, 1 clove garlic, ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
T/Th: Vegan Caprese Avocado Toast
Portion-Control Containers: ½ Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow B, 1 Blue
Ingredients per serving: ¼ medium avocado, 1 slice whole-grain bread, ¾ cup firm tofu (sliced), 2 thick slices tomato, 4 fresh basil leaves, 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Vegan Shakeology(your choice of the flavor!) blended with 1 cup water
Portion-Control Containers: 1 Red
Apple and 2 tsp. peanut butter
Instructions: Pre-portion peanut butter into 5 storage containers and enjoy with medium apple.
Portion-Control Containers: 1 Purple, 2 tsp.
M/W/F: Smashed Chickpea Salad
Portion-Control Containers: 3 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Red, 1 Orange
Ingredients per serving: ¾ cup chickpeas, ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. dill, 1 tsp. mustard, ¼ cup pickles, ½ cup sprouts, ½ cup shredded carrots, 2 slices tomato, 1½ cups romaine lettuce, 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, 1 medium orange
T/Th: Confetti Black Bean Salad
Portion-Control Containers: 2½ Green, 1 Purple, 1 Red, 1 Yellow A, 1 Orange, 1 tsp.
Ingredients per serving: 1 cup diced mango, 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, ¾ cup black beans, ½ cup cooked quinoa, ½ lime, ¼ cup red onion, ¼ cup red bell pepper, 1 tsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas), 2 cups shredded spinach
M/W/F: Sweet Potato Curry Over Brown Rice
Portion-Control Containers: ½ Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow A, 1 Yellow B, 1 Blue, 1 tsp.
Ingredients per serving: 1 tsp. coconut oil, ¼ cup diced white onion, ¼ cup red bell pepper, 1 tsp. minced ginger, ½ cup diced sweet potato, ¾ cup chickpeas, ¼ cup lite coconut milk, 1 Tbsp. red curry paste, ½ cup cooked brown rice