If you love freshly cooked turkey, but don’t want to roast an entire bird, then you’re going to want to add this recipe to your Instant Pot repertoire.
The turkey breast cooks with a classic mixture of celery, carrots, and onion (a.k.a, “mirepoix”), plus sweet chili sauce, pears, green bell pepper, and sage.
Ilana Muhlstein, R.D.N. created this recipe for a succulent, flavorful turkey breast as part of her signature nutrition program, 2B Mindset.
Love this recipe? You can get more delicious recipes like this (and more!) with the Nutrition+ Membership.
With Nutrition+, you’ll get access to The Mindset Membership, a continuation of 2B Mindset that provides ongoing monthly support to help you overcome obstacles that stand between you and healthier eating.
How to Get Nutrition+
You can try Nutrition+ risk-free for 30 days by purchasing a Nutrition+ Membership or when you purchase select Challenge or Completion Packs.
For just $19.95 a month, you’ll be able to access all the content for The Mindset Membership, as well as the 2B Mindset private Facebook group.
New content is added at the start of each month and we add new recipes every week!
- This recipe is for a 6-quart Instant Pot
- Turkey breasts are very large, so if it doesn’t fit, trim to fit and add the extra pieces to the pot.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Try this easy, delicious, and healthy 2B Mindset recipe for Instant Pot turkey breast from Ilana Muhlstein, RDN.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2½ lbs. raw, bone-in half turkey breast
- 1 (10-oz.) package mirepoix (mixed onion, celery, and carrots)
- 1 green bell pepper, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce (corn syrup-free)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 medium pears, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves (or 2 tsp. dried, or 1 tsp. ground)
Set Instant Pot to “Saute”; lightly coat with spray.
Add turkey breast; cook for 4 minutes, or until browned. Flip; cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Remove from pot.
Add mirepoix and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until onion is translucent and vegetables are soft.
Add chili sauce, water, pears, and sage; stir to combine. Return turkey to pot; coat with mixture. Seal lid. Set Instant Pot to “Poultry” or “High Pressure.” Cook for 15 minutes.
Once cycle is complete, release pressure immediately, being sure to keep clear of steam.
Remove turkey breast to a carving board. Slice; remove bone. Set aside.
Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender), puree the vegetable mixture until smooth.
Evenly divide turkey among six plates; top evenly with vegetable sauce. Enjoy!
High in Protein, No Dairy
- Mirepoix is a mixture of raw chopped onion, carrot, and celery sold fresh or frozen in many grocery stores. You can make your own by finely chopping 1 medium onion, 2 medium celery stalks, and 2 medium carrots.
- Make this a dinner by plating 1½ servings (about 6 oz.), adding an extra bell pepper, and serving over cauliflower rice!
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great protein side as part of any meal.
If you have questions about the Plate It! information, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.