You can buy flavored simple syrups at the store, but they’re so easy to make that there’s really no reason not to cook up a batch at home. The best part? You can toss that bag of processed sugar and use a simple syrup like this Honey Cranberry Rosemary syrup to sweeten your coffee, tea, and even your adult beverages.
All you need to do is boil down raw honey, fresh cranberries, ginger root, and fresh rosemary with water and you’ve got a unique, flavorful, homemade sweetener. Try it in a Holiday Cranberry Fizz at your next party!
Pro Tip: Honey Cranberry Rosemary Simple Syrup keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 (4-inch) piece ginger root, coarsely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Bring water, honey, cranberries, and ginger to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add rosemary; cover. Allow to steep for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain to remove cranberries, ginger and rosemary.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before using.