A cold bowl of ice cream with cookies and cream on a hot day sounds like heaven, but it’s not a great treat when you’re trying to keep your nutrition on point.
Lucky for you, we came up with this easy and delicious “nice cream” recipe that’s delicious and will help you stay on track this summer — and year-round!
The secret to any nice cream recipe? Frozen bananas.
Then we added Cookies & Creamy Shakeology, almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup for a light, sweet flavor.
- If you don’t have frozen bananas on hand, peel bananas and cut them into chunks. Place in a resealable plastic bag; freeze overnight. Or, at least for 4 hours until completely frozen before use. Use overripe bananas for the best flavor.
Check out our other Cookies & Creamy Shakeology recipes:
Cookies & Creamy Shakeology Nice Cream
A scoop (or two!) of this Cookies & Creamy Shakeology Nice Cream is the perfect snack for hot summer days.
- 2 large bananas, chopped, frozen
- 2 scoops Cookies & Creamy Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cacao nibs
Place bananas, Shakeology, maple syrup, extract, and almond milk in a food processor or high-powered blender; cover. Pulse for 2 to 3 minutes, or until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
Divide mixture evenly between fours mall bowls; garnish evenly with cacao nibs. Or, store in an airtight container in freezer for up to 4 days until ready to eat. If frozen, set out at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften before serving.
High in Fiber (F), No Dairy (ND), Quick ‘n’ Easy (QE), Vegan (V), Vegetarian (VG)
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.