Some of you may already be familiar with Super Trainer Idalis Velazquez — she created Beachbody’s first Spanish-language program, Mes de Más, Total Body Pregnancy and now, our first running program, 30 Day Breakaway.
She’s a NASM-certified personal trainer and was a nationally ranked track-and-field start for 10 years in Puerto Rico.
But underneath all of her amazing accomplishments, Idalis is just like everyone else — she has a favorite food, bad days, foods she doesn’t like, and guilty pleasures.
Read on to learn more about Idalis!
19 Things You Don’t Know About Me...by Idalis Velazquez
1. My favorite food: Puerto Rican festival food.
2. My least favorite food: Anything with mushrooms or too many veggies in it.
3. My idea of a perfect meal: Anything tasty and full of nutrients.
4. What motivates me when I’m not in the mood to work out or eat healthy: The results, benefits, and appreciation for my body and health. Knowing how much better and stronger I will feel physically and mentally. And that I don’t have to do it, but I get to do it!
5. My guilty pleasure: Pizza, Oreos, Nutella, champagne.
6. One thing I’m really good at: Sports.
7. One thing I’m really bad at: Arts and crafts.
8. How I clear my head after a bad day: Running, disconnecting from the world, and staying focused on my happy place and that’s my family, dog, and God.
9. The song (or type of music) that always puts me in a good mood: Anything upbeat and Latin that I can’t resist dancing to!
10. The talent I would most like to have: Musical talents, the ability to play an instrument.
11. Who I admire and why: My grandma. She was Godly, honest, loving, forgiving, wise, humble, and had one of the hardest lives and stories I’ve ever known, but she never gave up or became a bitter person. She raised 12 kids and was the most amazing grandma, mom, member of society. And I’m very inspired by trailblazers. People who did it first, work hard, are resilient, and beat the odds.
12. The qualities I most admire in someone: Honesty, empathy, humility, kindness, and resilience.
13. The things I most value in my friends: Honesty, someone who tells me what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear; a sense of humor, vulnerability, and their support.
14. Three qualities that have gotten me to where I am today: Faith, resilience, desire to never stop learning, and settling for less.
15. The change I’d like to see in my industry: A more intuitive approach to nutrition and exercise.
16. The best advice I’ve ever gotten: Forgive others and yourself.
17. The best advice I could give someone: Wherever you find yourself at work or in your personal life, do the very best you can do. Make sure that your goals align with your values and priorities in life. Stay in your lane, focused on what matters most, and avoiding distractions and comparisons, and maximizing your unique talents and areas of expertise.
18. My greatest achievement is: My marriage and family! I got married young and we have been through so much. Other than our daughters, we have nothing in common, yet we are celebrating 15 years of marriage in October, more in love, and with more respect and appreciation for one another than ever!
19. My idea of a perfect day: Sleep in, wake up to a beautiful view, breakfast in bed, go for a run, and spend the day at the beach with my family, and the girls are behaving perfectly and letting us be. (OK, that’s me daydreaming now!)