Amoila Cesar is the go-to strength and transformation specialist for professional athletes and celebrities — but now he’s coming for YOU with his new Beachbody program, 6 Weeks of THE WORK.
He’s known for his gritty, tough-love training style, but here’s your chance to get to know the softer side of Beachbody’s newest Super Trainer!
What You Don’t Know About Me… By Amoila Cesar
1. My favorite food: I love everything but I would say my go-to is Mediterranean food.
2. My least favorite food: I don’t like seafood.
3. My idea of a perfect meal: Halo Top and protein pancakes!
4. What motivates me when I’m not in the mood to work out or eat healthy: I’m motivated by my eating habits; if I don’t work out, it could be a bad day! I’m also motivated to be the best.
5. My guilty pleasures: Pizza and pasta.
6. Things I’m really good at: Training and working out. I also love holding conversations and love basketball.
7. Things I’m really bad at: Baseball and golf.
8. How I clear my head after a crappy day: Hit the gym or beach.
9. The song (or type of music) that always puts me in a good mood: I love hip-hop and R&B.
10. The talent I would most like to have: I wish I could sing.
11. Who I admire and why: Huge Will Smith fan; I love all of his work and we have a lot of similarities.
12. The qualities I most admire in someone: Honesty and being authentic to yourself. I love to see who people truly are.
13. The things I most value in my friends: I love our honesty. We motivate each other and we support each other.
14. Three qualities that have gotten me to where I am today: I would say my knowledge and the quest to learn more, my dedication to work, and my charismatic humor.
15. The change I’d like to see in my industry: I would love to see more fitness professionals encourage the right mindset instead of teaching fads, trends, and one-sided approaches. I would also like to see more fitness professionals work together to inspire movement, change in the community, and to properly educate people about nutrition.
16. The best advice I’ve ever gotten: Be yourself! Fail early, fail often, fail forward. Always learn from your mistakes, always practice, and grow from everything.
17. The best advice I could give someone: It’s time to trust what’s inside instead of what everyone tells you. Don’t be afraid to chase your dreams.
18. My greatest achievement is: My mom telling me she was so proud of the man I became. Also being on TV and becoming a celebrity trainer.
19. My idea of a perfect day: Going on a hike somewhere gorgeous, lunch by the beach, then going to dinner and a movie. Simple but perfect!
20. What would most people be surprised to learn about you? I know how to play the viola; most people wouldn’t guess that about me. I started playing when I was in elementary school and played up until my first year of college. I am classically trained and I went to all arts schools: UB Kinsey Elementary/Bak Middle School of the Arts, and Dreyfoos School of the Arts.
Learn even more about Amoila here: