If you’re not a huge fan of cooking or you ran out of time over the weekend, this almost no-cook meal prep is just what you need.
Most of the meals in this meal prep are meant to be served cold, but there is one hot meal for when you want to shake things up.
This menu follows the simple, color-coded Ultimate Portion Fix nutrition plan for the 1,500–1,800 calorie level. Here are all the containers you get to eat every day:
- 4 Green Containers (vegetables)
- 3 Purple Containers (fruit)
- 4 Red Containers (protein)
- 3 Yellow Containers (carbohydrates)
- 1 Blue Container (healthy fats)
- 1 Orange Container (seeds and dressings)
- 4 teaspoons
Technically, you can prepare this menu without cooking a single ingredient if your grocery store sells peeled, hardboiled eggs (check the deli or salad bar) and pre-cooked brown rice.
Keep reading to get all the details on this almost no-cook meal prep, get the complete grocery list, and follow the step-by-step guide below to make these meals as quickly and efficiently as possible.
This Week’s Meal Prep Menu:
Breakfast M/W/F: Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
Breakfast T/Th: Overnight Oats with Strawberries and Hemp Seeds
Shakeology Snack M/W/F: Blueberry Spinach Shakeology
Shakeology Snack T/Th: Peach and Nut Butter Shakeology
Lunch M/W/F: Tuna and White Bean Salad
Lunch T/Th: Greek Chicken Salad
Snack M/W/F: Hardboiled Eggs, Apple with Nut Butter
Snack T/Th: Greek Yogurt with Berries
Dinner M/W/F: Black Beans and Rice with Veggies
Dinner T/Th: Shrimp and Veggie Rice Bowl
Here’s what your meal prep will look like when you’re done:
These are your meals for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
These are your meals for Tuesday and Thursday:
M/W/F: Coconut Mango Chia Pudding made with 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage, 1/2 tsp. raw honey, 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, 1/2 medium mango (1 Yellow, 1 Purple, ½ Orange)
T/Th: Overnight Oats with Strawberries and Hemp Seeds made with ½ cup oats, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, 1 cup strawberries (2 Yellow, 1 Purple, ½ Orange)
M/W/F: Shakeology with 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 cup spinach (1 Red, 1 Purple, 1 Green)
T/Th: Shakeology with 1 cup frozen peaches and 2 tsp. nut butter (1 Red, 1 Purple, 2 tsp.)
M/W/F: Tuna and White Bean Salad made with 1 cup lettuce, ½ cup red bell pepper, ½ cup cucumber, 1 green onion, parsley to taste, one 4 oz. can tuna packed in water, ½ cup white beans, 2 tsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar. (2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 tsp.)
T/Th: Greek Chicken Salad made with 3 oz. rotisserie chicken breast, ½ cup cucumber, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1 oz. crumbled feta, 5 kalamata olives, and dressed with fresh lemon juice. (2 Green, 1 Red, ½ Orange, 1 Blue)
M/W/F: 2 hard-boiled eggs, and an sliced apple with 2 tsp. nut butter (1 Red, 1 Purple, 2 tsp.)
T/Th: ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup berries (1 Red, 1 Purple)
M/W/F: ¼ cup brown rice, ¼ cup black beans, ½ cup tomatoes, ½ cup orange bell pepper, cilantro, ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or 1/4 avocado), served with ¾ cup low-fat cottage cheese with smoked paprika (or chili powder), and 1 Tbsp. raw pepitas (1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, ½ Orange)
T/Th: Shrimp and Veggie Rice Bowl made with 1 cup broccoli (chopped into ½-inch pieces), 1 cup snow peas or green beans (chopped into ½-inch pieces), ½ cup brown rice, ½ green onion (chopped), ½ Fresno chili (sliced), 4 oz. cooked shrimp, 2 tsp. sesame oil, and 1 tsp. rice vinegar. Instructions for heating: cover with a wet paper towel and heat in a microwave for two minutes. (1 Red, 2 Green, 1 Yellow, 2 tsp.)
Meal Prep Grocery List
3 cups spinach
5 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or two heads)
1 bunch green onions
1 large red bell pepper
2 medium cucumbers
2½ cups cherry tomatoes
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups snow peas (or green beans)
1 Fresno chili (optional)
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro
1 avocado (optional)
1 bunch parsley
2 medium mangoes or 3 cups chopped mango
2 cups strawberries
3 cups frozen blueberries
2 cups frozen peaches
2 cups fresh berries
1 rotisserie chicken or 6 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 oz. cooked shrimp
3 4 oz. cans tuna packed in water
6 hard-boiled eggs or ½ dozen raw eggs
Dairy and Dairy Alternatives
1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
2 ¼ cups low-fat cottage cheese
2 oz. crumbled feta
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 avocado)
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or replace with remaining coconut milk beverage)
1 15 oz. can white beans
1 15 oz. can black beans
1 jar nut butter
10 kalamata olives
1¾ cups cooked brown rice or 2/3 cup dry brown rice
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 Tbsp. hemp seeds (or sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 Tbsp. pepitas
Shakeology (available here!)
Step-by-step plan to assemble the no-cook meal prep:
1. Start by steaming the rice. Combine 2/3 cup brown rice and 11/3 cup water in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil; cook, covered, for 15–20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let rice rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Do not remove lid. Open lid and fluff rice with a fork; let cool completely. Set aside.
2. Place six eggs in a saucepan, and add enough water to cover the eggs by one inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. While eggs cook, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Carefully remove the eggs from the hot water with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water. Place in refrigerator. Serve two hard-boiled eggs with an apple and 2 tsp. of nut butter.
3. Make the Coconut Mango Chia Pudding (we adjusted the recipe to make three servings). Remove the lids from three mason jars. In each, place 1 Tbsp chia seeds, ½ cup coconut milk beverage, and ½ tsp. raw honey; stir to blend. Top each jar with 1 cup chopped mango. Seal jars and place in refrigerator.
4. Next, make the Overnight Oats. Remove the lids from two mason jars. In each, place ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, and 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds (or sunflower seeds); stir to blend. Top each jar with 1 cup chopped strawberries. Seal jars and place in refrigerator.
5. Pre-portioned smoothie bags make it even faster to make your Shakeology smoothie. Fill three plastic bags or other containers each with 1 cup baby spinach and 1 cup frozen blueberries. Place in freezer. Fill two plastic bags or other containers each with 1 cup frozen peaches. Place in freezer.
6. Make the Greek Chicken Salads. Place 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce into each of two food containers. Top with ½ cup chopped cucumber, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, 5 kalamata olives, and 1 oz. crumbled feta cheese. If you bought rotisserie chicken, cut the breast meat away from the bone and remove the skin. Slice each chicken breast and place 3 oz. of meat in each food container. Cut a lemon in half and place one wedge in each container; use it to dress the salad when you’re ready to eat. Place salads in refrigerator.
7. To make the White Bean and Tuna Salads, fill three food storage containers each with 1 cup spinach, ½ cup chopped red bell pepper, ½ cup chopped cucumber, 1 sliced green onion, and parsley to taste. Place in refrigerator. When ready to eat, open and drain one can of tuna; add tuna to the salad. Dress with 2 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar just before serving.
8. Divide 1½ cups low-fat Greek yogurt between two small food containers. Top each with 1 cup fresh berries. Place in refrigerator.
9. In a large bowl, combine ¾ cup chopped orange pepper, ¾ cup chopped yellow bell pepper, 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, ¾ cup brown rice, ¾ cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed), ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and ¼ cup cilantro (optional). Mix well. Divide evenly between three food storage containers. Place in refrigerator.
10. Divide 18 oz. low-fat cottage cheese between three food storage containers. Top each with ¼ tsp. smoked paprika (or chili powder) and 1 Tbsp. raw pepitas. Place in refrigerator. Serve with black beans and rice.
11. Last, make the Shrimp and Veggie Rice Bowls. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup broccoli chopped into ½-inch pieces, 1 cup snow peas (or green beans) chopped into ½-inch pieces, 1 sliced green onion, 4 tsp. sesame oil, and 2 tsp. rice vinegar. Mix well. Divide evenly between two food storage containers. Top each with 4 oz. cooked shrimp and ½ sliced Fresno chili (optional). Place in refrigerator. When ready to eat, place a wet paper towel over the container and microwave for two minutes.