What if I told you that you can enjoy a savory, delicious, and healthy pizza — without the crust?
It’s possible with my recipe for a Cheesy Egg White, Kale & Mushroom “pizza”!
The next time you have a hankering to order in pizza, try this 2B Mindset recipe instead.
Egg whites act as the “crust” of this pie, topped with marinara, mozzarella, chopped kale, and sliced mushrooms.
This pizza is easy, delicious, and fun to make!
Cheesy Egg White, Kale & Mushroom Pizza
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites (½ cup)
- ¼ cup all-natural marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cooked chopped kale (optional)
- ¼ cup cooked sliced mushrooms (optional)
Heat small skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-high heat.
Add egg whites; do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
Spread marinara sauce evenly on top of egg whites. Then top with cheese, kale (if desired), and mushrooms (if desired); cook, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Cut into four slices; serve immediately
- Substitute 1 large egg, plus 2 large egg whites (¼ cup) for 4 large egg whites. Lightly beat before adding to skillet.
- Top with dried oregano, garlic powder, or chili powder, if desired.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great protein side as part of breakfast, lunch, or dinner.