We took what is usually a greasy bar snack and turned it into a delicious appetizer that is healthy enough to eat for a meal! These baked sweet potato skins are topped with spinach, spiced chicken, and cilantro, with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Love sweet potato skins? Let Beachbody Super Trainer and 21 Day Fix creator Autumn Calabrese and her brother chef Bobby Calabrese teach you how to make Loaded Sweet Potato Skins on FIXATE, the exclusive Beachbody On Demand cooking show!
These baked sweet potato skins are topped with spinach, spiced chicken, and cilantro, with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 4 baked medium sweet potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 4 oz shredded cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Scoop flesh out of the sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
- Place skins on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- While skins are baking, combine chicken and taco seasoning in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Replace sweet potato flesh and top each sweet potato half evenly with spinach, chicken mixture, yogurt, and cilantro.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Sodium: 485 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 13 g
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.
Photo by Kirsten Morningstar