In this shrimp taco recipe, tender shrimp are marinated in cumin and chili powder for a kick, then topped with cooling cabbage, tomatoes, and garlic.
The second-best part of this taco recipe is that you can whip these up in less than 30 minutes and then you’ll be noshing on tacos that will transport you to a sunny beach in the tropics!
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin, divided use
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, cleaned, deveined
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. lime peel, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas), warm
- 1 cup red and green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
- Fresh lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
Combine oil, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, chili powder, and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine yogurt, remaining ¼ tsp. cumin, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque.
Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, tomato, shrimp, and avocado.
Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired; drizzle each taco with a small spoonful of yogurt mixture.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a side salad or more veggies to make a great lunch.