These delectable brownie bites are easy to make and full of (and covered!) with chocolate — who can resist that?
Our genius recipe developers made a few creative recipe tweaks to make this recipe unique:
- a flaxseed “egg” helps bind all the ingredients together and has a neutral flavor so your tastebuds can focus all their attention on the chocolate!
- black beans (you won’t taste them either, we swear!) help create the yummy brownie-dough texture.
And if you can’t get enough of no-bake desserts, check out these energy ball recipes!
Chocolate Brownie Bites
These delectable Shakeology brownie bites are easy to make and full of (and covered!) with chocolate — who can resist that?
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ cup / 60 g almond flour
- 2 scoops Chocolate Whey or Chocolate Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- 5 pitted dates
- ¼ cup / 60 ml unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup / 60 g canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup / 30 g unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
Make flax egg by adding water and flax seeds to a small mixing bowl; stir to combine. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add flax egg, almond flour, Shakeology, dates, almond milk, beans, cacao powder, and extract to a food processor; cover. Pulse until a soft cookie-dough texture is reached.
Using clean hands, form dough into 12 evenly-sized balls, about 1½-inches (3½-cm) in diameter. Roll balls in chocolate chips.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Quick ‘n’ Easy (QE), Vegetarian (VG)
If using a blender, pulse dates with almond milk on low until desired texture is reached. Add the other ingredients, then pulse on low to combine.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.