This fresh, vibrantly flavored salsa verde is great on everything from tacos and burgers to fish and baked corn tortilla chips.
Tomatillos are widely available at larger grocery stores, ethnic markets, and farmers’ markets.
For a smokier flavor, roast the tomatillos.
• If salsa has too much liquid, simply drain it off and save. You can add this flavorful liquid to guacamole, taco meat, or scrambled eggs.
• For a spicier salsa, add one to two additional jalapeños.
• For a roasted salsa, cut tomatillos (with husks removed) in half, place them cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° F. for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Place roasted tomatillos in blender with other ingredients as listed above.
This fresh, vibrant tomatillo salsa verde is great on everything from tacos, burgers, and fish to baked potatoes with fresh jalapeño and bright tomatillos.
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed, washed, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Place tomatillos, cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender; cover. Blend until slightly chunky.
Add lime juice and salt; blend to desired consistency.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Body Beast Portions
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great veggie-based “freebie” accessory.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.