This colorful and flavorful Rainbow Lentil Bowl is filled with a delicious combination of cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, green lentils, mixed greens, and red cabbage.
Top it with cheddar cheese and a pico de gallo salsa for a Southwestern twist.
This recipe yields four hearty servings and keeps well in the fridge, so it’s a great recipe for a family dinner, for your next potluck, or to try in your next meal prep.
Rainbow Lentil Bowls
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils (or green lentils)
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
Evenly divide salad greens and red cabbage between four serving bowls.
Evenly layer half of pico de gallo, cheese, cabbage, lentils, orange bell pepper, green bell pepper, tomatoes, and remaining half of pico de gallo on top of salad greens in “stripes."
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a bit more protein for a great dinner option for the vegan plan. For non-vegans, add a protein for lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.