Chia seeds add protein and healthy omega 3s to this warming bowl of oatmeal, while raisins and honey add a hint of sweetness.
Oatmeal With Chia Seeds and Raisins
Chia seeds add protein and healthy omega 3s to this oatmeal, while raisins and honey add a hint of sweetness.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened soy milk, goat’s milk, coconut milk beverage, or hemp milk), divided use
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
Bring milk, raisins, and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add chia seeds; mix well. Let oatmeal stand 1 minute before serving.
Divide oatmeal evenly between two serving bowls. Top evenly with honey (if desired).
- You can substitute 1 cup water and 1 cup nonfat milk for 2 cups nonfat milk if you want a lighter version of this oatmeal.
- This recipe can also be microwaved easily. Place milk and oats in a large microwaveable bowl. (Make sure your bowl is big enough that the oatmeal doesn’t boil over.) Cook for 2 minutes on high. Stir oatmeal. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir oatmeal. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes if needed. Add raisins and chia seeds after microwaving.
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great FFC as part of breakfast.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.