Zucchini noodles, or “zoodles,” can be made with a vegetable peeler, a mandolin, or a spiralizer.
Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings. Try these delicious garlic shrimp with fresh basil on a bed of zucchini noodles tonight. We’re getting hungry just thinking about this recipe!
• If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler: Cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛-inch thick. Turn zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Cut slices lengthwise into ½-inch ribbons.
Garlic Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- Hot water
- 5 medium zucchini spiralized (approx. 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. raw medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 4 fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
Recipe NotesThe Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great dinner option. Add an FFC for lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.