Garlic Basil Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini noodles, or “zoodles,” can be made with a vegetable peeler, a mandolin, or a spiralizer.
Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings.
Try these delicious garlic shrimp with fresh basil on a bed of zucchini noodles tonight. We’re getting hungry just thinking about this recipe!
• If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler: Cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛-inch thick. Turn zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Cut slices lengthwise into ½-inch ribbons.
Garlic Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- Hot water
- 5 medium zucchini spiralized (approx. 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. raw medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 4 fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Divide into two servings (instead of four) for a great dinner option.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.