Zucchini noodles, sometimes called “zoodles”, can be made with a vegetable peeler, a mandolin, or a Spiralizer. Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings. Try these delicious garlic shrimp with fresh basil on a bed of zucchini noodles tonight. We’re getting hungry just thinking about this recipe.
• A spiralizer is an inexpensive tool that cuts fresh veggies into noodles. You can use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini in this recipe.
• If you don’t have a spiralizer, using a vegetable peeler, cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛-inch thick. Turn zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Discard cores. Cut slices lengthwise into ½-inch ribbons.
Garlic Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 5 medium zucchini spiralized (approx. 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz raw medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 4 fresh Italian parsley sprigs finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp sliced raw almonds
Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 92 mg
Sodium: 485 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 18 g
Body Beast Portions
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.