This Chicken and White Bean Soup is a warm inviting soup is a hearty weeknight dinner that, with the help of a rotisserie-cooked chicken, can be made in minutes.
Tender leeks, freshly chopped sage, and hearty cannellini beans give this white bean soup a deep aroma and rich flavor profile. This recipe makes eight servings and makes an ideal meal prep dinner. The flavors meld and deepen on day two so the leftovers will be joyous.
Chicken and White Bean Soup
Tender leeks, freshly chopped sage, and hearty cannellini beans give this Chicken and White Bean Soup a deep aroma and rich flavor profile.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, washed, cut into ¼-inch rounds (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage (or ¼ tsp. dried sage)
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz. rotisserie chicken meat, boneless, skinless, shredded
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
- 8 Tbsp. reduced-fat (2%) plain yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. microgreens (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add leeks; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
Add sage; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
Add broth and water. Bring to a boil, covered. Reduce heat; cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken and beans; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Divide soup evenly between 8 bowls. Top evenly with a dollop of yogurt and microgreens.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Serve with a side salad or more veggies to make a great lunch option.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.