Making your own basil pesto from scratch is easy and delicious! Use it as a spread on sandwiches, or as a topping for chicken, roasted vegetables, or whole grain pasta. Keep in mind that pesto is not low in fat, so don’t overdo it.
Have extra? Freeze measured portions of pesto in ice cube trays and pop them into soups or pastas for quick meals.
Try your own homemade basil pesto in these recipes:
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
- Breakfast Caprese With Pesto
- Quinoa with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
Place basil, walnuts, cheese, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped.
Slowly add oil; pulsing constantly.
Season with salt and pepper.
Body Beast Portions
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great accessory to add flavor to your food. Be sure to track it.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.