You may recognize Super Trainer Elise Joan from 3 Week Yoga Retreat.
Now get ready for her new program: Barre Blend.
Barre Blend is a low-impact workout that delivers high-impact results. It fuses ballet barre, Pilates, and cardio interval training and is designed to help you burn fat and create a lean, toned physique.
Get to know Elise — her idea of a perfect meal, what motivates her to work out, her greatest achievement, and more!
What You Don’t Know About Me… by Elise Joan
1. My favorite food: I have so many favorites! But I LOVE anything chocolate. And salt and vinegar potato chips!
2. My least favorite food: Acorn squash.
3. My idea of a perfect meal: I am truly an Italian at heart, so my perfect meal would be spaghetti Bolognese with garlic knots, chopped salad, and a cheese plate — followed by homemade chocolate layer cake with a scoop of vanilla gelato!
4. What motivates me when I’m not in the mood to work out or eat healthy: I’m mostly motivated by a desire to FEEL good.
If I’m not working out and nourishing my body well, I tend to get brain fog, fatigue, and anxiety. So, my greatest motivation is to feel my best and function at my highest potential so I can create, and be present for all the people I love.
5. My guilty pleasure: BBC murder mysteries.
6. One thing I’m really good at: Maintaining a positive outlook on life. Oh, and baking!
7. One thing I’m really bad at: Driving.
8. How I clear my head after a crappy day: I usually move my body in some way. Whether it’s a sunset walk with the pup, a yoga class, a swim in the Pacific, or a game of cornhole with my husband Nolan — I love any sort of moving meditation to clear my head.
9. The song (or type of music) that always puts me in a good mood: I not-so-secretly LOVE ’90s and 2000s hip-hop! It always makes me smile. And classic ’80s and ’90s music.
I also love listening to classical music while I work, and anything from the Rat Pack era when I cook. I think different kinds of music make me feel happy in different ways.
10. The talent I would most like to have: I’d love to be able to play golf, so I could keep up with my husband! And Jedi mind control (obviously).
11. Who I admire and why: I admire all women who elevate and support other women. We need each other to thrive, so let’s keep lifting one another UP!
12. The qualities I most admire in someone: Kindness, a solid work ethic, generosity of spirit, accountability, integrity, and a killer sense of humor.
13. The things I most value in my friends: Loyalty, joyfulness, a “say YES” spirit, and the desire to actively make a positive impact in the world.
14. Qualities that have gotten me to where I am today: Optimism, authenticity, empathy, and resilience.
15. The change I’d like to see in my industry: Beachbody is definitely the front-runner for curating positive change in this industry.
They focus on delivering premium content to genuinely help all people… and I love seeing their commitment to body positivity, age diversity, and helping Team Beachbody Coaches build their own successful businesses.
Outside of Beachbody, I’d love to see less emphasis placed on the number of Instagram followers and popularity, and more emphasis placed on real experience, true passion, and ongoing education in trainers, teachers, and leaders in my industry.
16. The best advice I’ve ever gotten: “Trust yourself, and your path… and find joy in the journey as it all unfolds.” —my Dad
17. The best advice I could give someone: Stay focused on being the best version of YOU you can be…. And then show up intentionally and powerfully each day in the direction of your goals, and surrender what is out of your control.
18. My greatest achievement is: Professionally, becoming a Beachbody Super Trainer!! Personally, turning life’s challenges into opportunities to learn and grow.
19. My idea of a perfect day: Waking up early and enjoying my hot coffee and morning gratitude meditation, followed by a workout. From there, I’m pretty easy — maybe a beachside brunch with my friends and then an afternoon adventure with my husband and pup!
It would DEFINITELY include an afternoon nap, a Face-Time with my nieces and nephews, and then maybe a romantic dinner with Nolan, followed by a movie night IN.
Learn more about Elise’s journey to finding her calling and purpose: