For a lighter gravy, try this one made with garlic and mushrooms.
Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
- 1 Tbsp . olive oil
- ½ medium onion , finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- ¼ cup arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp . reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs , chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 56 mg
Carbohydrate: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 0 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.