This salad of crunchy radishes, juicy cherry tomatoes, mild green onions, chickpeas, and feta is delicious with or without lettuce.
For a different spin, we combined our leftover bean mixture with a can of tuna — and it was a revelation. Keep the mixture separate from the salad greens until you’re ready to serve, then top the summer chickpea salad with creamy avocado slices.
Summer Chickpea Salad
This bright salad is hearty and full of delicious flavors.
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 tsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 6 medium red radishes ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese 1/2 oz.
- 1/2 medium avocado chopped
Combine lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
Combine radishes, green onions, chickpeas, and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Evenly arrange greens on six serving plates. Top evenly with chickpea mixture, cheese, and avocado.
(Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.)
1 ½ Carb
Portion Fix Containers
1 ½ tsp.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Makes a great veggie and FFC side as part of breakfast or lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.
Photograph by Kirsten Morningstar.