These salmon patties are chock-full of flavor and are an exciting alternative to turkey burgers or beef patties.
We like that each patty has a full serving of vegetables. Pickled ginger makes a perfect topping.
How do you turn a piece of salmon into salmon patties? Actually, it’s pretty simple.
We recommend purchasing a piece of skinless salmon, or use this technique to easily remove the skin without losing any of the precious meat.
Then, chop as finely as you can.
When you’ve got the salmon cut into small pieces, rock your knife blade back and forth across the meat several times to get it finer. Egg white helps bind everything together during cooking.
Total Time: 17 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb. raw salmon fillet, skin removed, finely chopped
3 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
1-inch slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 large egg white
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
Nonstick cooking spray
2 Tbsp. pickled ginger
1. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
2. Combine salmon, spinach, green onions, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
3. Combine egg white and soy sauce in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
4. Add to salmon mixture; mix well. Form into four patties, each about ½-inch thick.
5. Lightly coat grill or broiler pan with spray; grill or broil patties, carefully turning once, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve each patty topped with 1½ tsp. pickled ginger.