Eggs are the fuel and jalapeños are the fire in this flavorful, nutritious egg cup recipe.
Add in some black beans and cheddar cheese and you have the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack!
Southwestern Egg Cups
Eggs are the fuel and jalapeños are the fire in this egg cup recipe. Add black beans and cheddar cheese and you have the perfect breakfast or snack!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups egg whites (16 large eggs)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 12 medium jalapeños, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 1½ cups black beans, drained, rinsed
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese (about ¾ cup)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside
Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper (if desired); whisk to blend. Set aside.
Evenly divide jalapeños, beans, and cheese among prepared muffin cups.
Evenly pour egg mixture over jalapeño mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean and eggs are set.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a little more protein and an FFC as part of breakfast.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.