Try this healthier version of classic shrimp scampi. It’s the perfect quick and easy recipe when you’re short on time.
- 3 oz dry whole-wheat pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
- 8 oz medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Crushed red pepper (to taste; optional)
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm. Remove shrimp from pan. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
Add lemon juice, broth, wine, black pepper, and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add shrimp, parsley, and basil; cook until heated through.
Divide pasta between 2 plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.