Try this healthy version of classic shrimp scampi.
Total Time: 22 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield: 2 servings
3 oz dry whole wheat pasta
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
8 oz medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. white wine
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Crushed red pepper (to taste; optional)
3 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm. Remove shrimp from pan. Set aside.
5. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
6. Add lemon juice, broth, wine, black pepper, and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add shrimp, parsley, and basil; cook until heated through.
8. Divide pasta between 2 plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.