Raise your hand: Team Donuts or Team Donut Holes?
It’s a tough choice, we know, but here’s another team to cheer for: Team Donut Balls!
These Apple Cider Donut Balls are everything you want in a snack: the perfect size to pop in your mouth, delicious flavors, and Shakeology. What more could you want?
Now you don’t have to wait for fall — or cook — to savor fall flavors like apple, cinnamon, and cloves.
- You can make your own oat flour by pulsing rolled oats in a blender or food processor until a fine flour texture is reached.
- After dusting, there will be a lot of coconut sugar fall out. For an added flavor punch, roll the protein balls in the remaining coconut sugar.
Apple Cider Donut Balls
These apple cider donut balls made with Vanilla Shakeology are like a cozy hug for your tastebuds!
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey (or Vanilla Plant-Based Vegan) Shakeology
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
Microwave apple in a small, microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute.
Place apple, extract, and almond milk in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
To a medium mixing bowl add oat flour, almond flour, Shakeology, cinnamon, and cloves.
Slowly pour in apple mixture, stirring constantly, until a soft cookie-dough texture is reached.
Shape into 10 even balls, about 1½-inches in diameter. Dust donut balls with coconut sugar.
Serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Quick ‘n’ Easy, Vegetarian
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
2B Mindset Plate It!
Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it!