This succulent chicken recipe takes just 20 minutes to prep!
Chicken quarters are the whole leg with thigh and drumstick (or the breast with backbone and wing). If you like dark meat, this is a very healthy and flavorful way to prepare it.
Try the same recipe with smaller cuts of chicken and omit the first 15 minutes of cooking time.
Roast Chicken Quarters With Potatoes and Tomatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 6 oz. raw chicken leg quarters
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded (reserve 2 whole sprigs)
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 kumquats, cut in half (or 1 lemon, sliced)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Place chicken in large oven-proof roasting pan lightly coated with spray.
Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with lime juice and broth; top with lime slices and chopped rosemary.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Add potatoes, tomatoes, kumquats (or lemons), parsley, and rosemary sprigs; bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part, juices run clear, and vegetables are tender.
Remove skin before serving.
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a side salad or more veggies to make this a great lunch option.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.