This slaw is made with red instead of green cabbage and also features sunflower seeds, dill, and onion.
Red Cabbage Slaw
This colorful coleslaw is made with red instead of green cabbage, sunflower seeds, dill, and onion.
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, remove and discard stems, leaves finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds (or chopped raw walnuts)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste; optional)
Combine cabbage, parsley, onion, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl; mix well.
Combine vinegar and dill in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Add oil slowly, whisking constantly until well blended.
Drizzle dressing over slaw; toss gently to blend. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Tip: For a tangier flavor, add more red wine vinegar.
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great veggie as part of lunch or dinner.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.