Pumpkin is the star of this belly-warming vegetarian chili that has only 96 calories per serving!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 4 cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
- 8 Tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, bell pepper, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Add chili powder, cumin, broth, tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt and a sprinkle of parsley if desired.
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a protein to make a great lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.