Try this classic Italian pasta fagioli soup made with white beans and whole-wheat pasta.
Pasta Fagioli Soup
- 1½ cups dry whole grain small pasta, like macaroni or orzo. (4 oz.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can green beans, no salt added
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbps. tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 9 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removes and chopped, stems discarded
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
Add green beans, white beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper if desired; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
¼ Legumes and Tubers
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great veggie and FFC as part of lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.