These nachos made with freshly-baked tortilla chips are going to become a snack you crave—good thing they have only 258 calories per serving! They’re topped with lots of good stuff, like pinto beans, jalapeños, tomatoes, avocados, and—of course—cheese! Add any other fresh veggies you want, like shredded lettuce or cabbage, radishes, or green onions.
- 4 corn tortillas , cut into wedges
- 2 tsp . olive oil
- ½ medium lime
- 1 dash chili powder
- Sea salt (to taste, optional)
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans , warm
- 4 oz cheddar (or jack) cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ medium onion , finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper , chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno , seeds and veins discarded, finely chopped
- ¼ medium avocado , chopped
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs , chopped
- 2 Tbsp . reduced fat (2%) plain Greek Yogurt
Heat oven to 375° F.
Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Squeeze lime over chips. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt (if desired).
Arrange half of the tortilla chips in a medium baking dish. Layer with half the beans and cheese. Repeat.
Bake chip mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Top with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, and yogurt.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 312 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 12 g
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.