For an easy, healthy egg breakfast sandwich, try this one made with roasted peppers, basil, and mozzarella cheese.
Mozzarella and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (½ oz)
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin , split, toasted
Combine egg, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add roasted red bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper if desired; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half.
Body Beast Portions
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great breakfast option.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.