This Moroccan Carrot Salad with Spiced Chickpeas will leave you feeling full while you’re eating clean. We mixed together a hearty blend of cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon-spiced chickpeas with crunchy carrots, and raisins then topped it with a flavorful dressing made from lemon, honey, garlic, and a bit of tahini. At only 166 calories a serving, it’s hard to believe a salad so flavorful is good for you—but it is.
And if you’re doing the Ultimate Reset, the Moroccan Carrot Salad is one of the staples you can enjoy on the program.
This Moroccan Carrot Salad is just 161 calories but features hearty carrots, cinnamon-spiced chickpeas, and a delicious lemon-garlic tahini dressing.
- 1 (16-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper, divided use
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper, divided use
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, divided use
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 3 to 4 medium carrots)
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine chickpeas, 1 tsp. oil, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 dash cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; mix well.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking pan a few times during baking, until chickpeas are lightly browned and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- To make dressing, combine garlic, tahini, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. oil, honey, 1 dash cayenne, ½ tsp. salt, 2 Tbsp. parsley in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Add water if dressing is too thick. Set aside.
- Combine carrots, onion, raisins, and 1 cup parsley in a large serving bowl; mix well.
- Drizzle salad evenly with dressing; toss gently to blend.
- Top with chickpeas; serve immediately.
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 362 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 8 g
Protein: 4 g
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.
Photographs by Kristen Morningstar