These versatile tacos are made with tofu, but feel free to swap in your favorite protein!
These versatile tacos are made with tofu, but you can add your favorite protein for a customized taco!
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped, divided use
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided use
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup assorted vegetables (like sliced mushrooms, spinach, or marinated cactus)
- 1 (14-oz.) package firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. chili powder (or chipotle seasoning, habañero seasoning, or cumin)
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat tortillas, warm
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish; optional)
- 4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
Combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine tomato, ¼ onion, jalapeño (if desired), and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add remaining ¾ onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent.
Add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
Add tofu, garlic, and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tofu is lightly browned and vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice; reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
Top tortillas evenly with lettuce and tofu mixture.
Drizzle with yogurt sauce; garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve with tomato salsa.
Body Beast Portions
No soy for you!
2B Mindset Plate It!
Add a side salad or more veggies to make a great lunch.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.