When you’ve been meal prepping for a while, it’s easy to fall into the same routine week after week.
You’ve got your go-to list of quick, foolproof recipes and experimenting with new ones to add to your meal plan can be intimidating.
But while consistency can be a good thing, it’s not very exciting to eat the same old thing. Every. Single. Day.
If you’ve fallen into a meal prep rut, find a recipe or two that you’d like to try, and keep everything else extremely simple.
This week, our two new recipes are Taco-Style Stuffed Peppers and Thai Chicken Curry.
This meal prep is for the 1,500–1,800 calorie level. Here are all the containers that you get to eat each day:
- 4 Green Containers
- 3 Purple Containers
- 4 Red Containers
- 3 Yellow Containers
- 1 Blue Container
- 1 Orange Container
- 4 teaspoons
21 Day Fix Meal Prep Menu at the 1,500-1,800 Calorie Level
Breakfast (M/W/F): Shakeology, an apple, and oatmeal (not shown) = 1 purple, 1 red, 2 yellows
Breakfast (T/Th): 2 hard-boiled eggs, and oatmeal with fresh berries (not shown) = 1 purple, 1 red, 2 yellows
Snack 1 (M/W/F): Baby carrots and hummus (not shown) = 1 green, 1 blue
Snack 1 (T/Th): 1/2 cup mini peppers, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta = 1 green, 1/2 blue
Lunch (M/W/F): Taco-Style Stuffed Peppers and sautéed cauliflower rice = 2 greens, 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 tsp.
Lunch (T/Th): Chicken Curry with roasted baby potatoes, sautéed baby bok choy, and bell pepper strips = 2 greens, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 2 tsp.
Snack 2: 1 banana with almond butter and 2 boiled eggs (not shown) = 2 purples, 1 red, 2 tsp.
Dinner (M/W/F): 2 hard-boiled eggs with spinach, bell peppers, cucumber, and steamed orange cauliflower with balsamic vinaigrette = 1+ green, 1 red, 1 orange
Dinner (T/Th): Salmon salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and balsamic vinaigrette = 1+ green, 1 red, 1 orange
Extras: Mini peppers and steamed orange cauliflower (1+ green)
Here’s what this meal prep looks like:
Lunch M/W/F: Taco-Style Stuffed Peppers and sautéed cauliflower rice (4 oz. ground turkey seasoned with pepper and Everything Spicy Flavorgod seasoning, 1/2 cup red beans, 1/2 cup sautéed onions, stuffed in half a bell pepper = 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 green, 2 tsp.)
Lunch T/Th: Thai Chicken Curry with roasted baby potatoes, red bell peppers, and sautéed baby bok choy – (Follow this recipe for Chicken Curry but omit the tomato paste and replace red curry paste with green curry paste = 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 green, 2 tsp.)
2 hard-boiled eggs with spinach, bell peppers, cucumbers and steamed orange cauliflower with balsamic vinaigrette = 1+ green, 1 red, 1 orange
YOUR STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO MAKING THIS MEAL PREP:
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Wash and pat dry 1 cup new potatoes. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes until soft when pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool. Turn off oven.
2. To make the Taco-Style Stuffed Peppers, heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add one chopped onion, one chopped green bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Add three chopped green onions, two cloves of chopped garlic, and ¾ lb. ground turkey. Cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. chili powder, and black pepper to taste. Add one can red beans that have been drained and rinsed. Remove from heat.
Next, prepare three different colors of bell peppers for stuffing by cutting each in half. Fill half of each pepper with turkey mixture. Place in food storage containers and set aside to cool. Slice remaining bell pepper halves into strips and set aside.
3. Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Add one bag of cauliflower rice (or half of one small head of cauliflower that has been finely chopped in a food processor) to the pan.
Add one bag pre-chopped mixed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat and divide evenly between food containers with stuffed bell peppers.
Let cool, then place containers in refrigerator.
4. Next, make the Chicken Curry (based on this recipe, but substituting 1 Tbsp. green curry paste for the red curry paste and tomato paste. Omit the chopped tomato.). Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add one chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
Add 3 cloves chopped garlic and about an inch of fresh ginger that has been finely chopped, and cook about one minute more. Add 1 Tbsp. curry paste and chicken, and cook, stirring frequently for three minutes until the chicken is coated in paste. Add one cup lite coconut milk and ½ cup water.
Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and top with cilantro and green onions. Set aside to cool.
Divide into four equal portions, placing two portions into food storage containers to be used this week. This makes two extra portion that can be frozen for another week in additional food containers or plastic freezer bags.
5. Wash and pat dry the bok choy, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp. coconut oil. Add bok choy and cook stirring frequently until bok choy is wilted, about two minutes. Remove from heat.
Divide bok choy evenly between food containers with Chicken Curry. When cooked food has cooled, add ½ cup roasted potatoes and ½ sliced bell pepper strips to each container. Place in refrigerator.
6. Next, cook the salmon and prepare salads. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Rinse and pat dry two 4 oz. salmon fillets. Season with salt and pepper. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place salmon in pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes, then flip and cook 3–4 minutes more, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
When fish has cooled, prepare two food containers each with 1 cup spinach, ¼ cup tomatoes, and ¼ cup chopped cucumber. Place a piece of salmon in each container. Place in refrigerator. Serve with balsamic vinaigrette.
7. Next, boil 20 eggs. Place eggs in large saucepan and add water to cover eggs by one inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 12 minutes.
Remove from hot water and serve warm or rinse in cold water until cool. Do this in two batches if your pan is not large enough for all 20 eggs.
8. Chop two heads orange cauliflower. Heat water to boiling in a medium pot with steamer insert. Add cauliflower and steam for 5-7 minutes until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat.
9. Set out three single compartment food storage containers. To each add one cup mixed greens, ¼ cup chopped cucumber, ¼ chopped bell pepper, ½ cup steamed orange cauliflower, and two hard-boiled eggs. Place in refrigerator.
Serve with balsamic vinaigrette. Place remaining steamed cauliflower in a separate food container to add to meals or snacks as needed (extra).
10. To make oatmeal, place 5 cups water in a pot and heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes. Remove oatmeal from heat and set aside to cool.
When completely cool, divide evenly between five food storage containers, adding about 1 cup to each. To three of the containers add one cup fresh berries. Place all containers in refrigerator.
On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, serve with Shakeology and an apple. On Tuesday and Thursday, serve with two hard-boiled eggs.
11. Prepare three snacks containers with one cup baby carrots and ¼ cup hummus. Prepare two snack containers with ½ cup mini peppers, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, and 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta.
Prepare five snack containers or bags each with one banana, 2 tsp almond butter, and two hard-boiled eggs. Place in refrigerator.
Meal Prep Grocery List
1 bag mixed greens
1 bag spinach
1 carton cherry tomatoes
4 baby bok choy
1 cup new potatoes
1 red bell peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 bag of mini bell peppers
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro
2 heads orange cauliflower
1 bag/carton pre-chopped veggies
1 bag cauliflower rice (or 1 small head cauliflower)
1 head garlic
1 inch fresh ginger
3 cups fresh berries
1 bag baby carrots
2 dozen eggs
¾ lbs. ground turkey
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 4 oz. salmon fillets
3 packets Chocolate Shakeology
Dry and Canned Goods
1 can red beans
2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
green curry paste
1 can lite coconut milk
1 container prepared hummus
ground black pepper