Perfect portions, delicious food, healthy weight loss. Sounds like a dream come true, right?! This FIXATE meal prep will have you eating amazing food and crushing your goals in no time.
What’s FIXATE? It’s the healthy cooking show starring 21 Day Fix’s Autumn Calabrese and her brother, chef Bobby Calabrese. On the Beachbody On Demand-exclusive show, the pair will teach you how to make simple meals that will make losing weight and eating well not just easy, but fun and delicious.
This meal plan uses Portion Fix color-coded portion-control containers to measure the amount of food you get to eat, so you never have to count calories. Green is for veggies, purple is fruits, red is protein, yellow is carbs, blue is healthy fats, orange is for seeds and dressings, and oils and nut butters are measured in teaspoons. Once you’ve made the food below, store them in Mason jars or your favorite air-tight storage containers.
This particular FIXATE meal prep is designed for anyone eating between 1,500 and 1,799 calories, but can be adjusted up or down if your caloric needs are more or less. At this calorie level, each day you get:
- 4 green containers
- 3 purple containers
- 4 red containers
- 3 yellow containers
- 1 blue container
- 1 orange container
- 4 tsp.
We’ve already combined all of those containers into three satisfying meals and three snacks each day for you, so all you need to do is shop, prep, and enjoy. Take the comprehensive grocery list below to the store, and then follow these step-by-step instructions to get busy in the kitchen on meal prep day!
What are you waiting for?… it’s time to get your meal prep on with FIXATE.
FIXATE MEAL PREP MENU
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
Breakfast: FIXATE Creamy Quinoa Porridge
Snack: Shakeology Overnight Oats
Lunch: FIXATE Sweet Potato Casserole, chicken, and green beans
Snack: Hard-boiled eggs, grapes, and baby carrots
Dinner: FIXATE Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
Tuesday and Thursday:
Breakfast: FIXATE Creamy Quinoa Porridge
Snack: Pita bread, peanut butter, and banana
Lunch: FIXATE Sweet Potato Casserole, turkey, and cauliflower
Snack: Hard-boiled eggs, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber
Dinner: Baked chicken and spaghetti squash topped with FIXATE Marinara and cheese
Snack: Shakeology with fruit
Creamy Quinoa Porridge from FIXATE
1/2 purple, 1 yellow, 1 orange
M/W/F: FIXATE Sweet Potato Casserole, 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 tsp. olive oil, and 1 cup green beans
1 green, 1 1/2 red, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp.
T/Th: FIXATE Sweet Potato Casserole, 4 oz. turkey, and 1 cup cauliflower
1 green, 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 1/2 tsp.
M/W/F: FIXATE Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
2 green, 1/2 red, 1/2 blue, 3 tsp.
T/Th: 4 oz. Baked chicken, 1 1/2 cup spaghetti squash topped with FIXATE Marinara and 2 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1/2 tsp.
Snack 1: Shakeology Overnight Oats (1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop Shakeology, 1 cup water) = 1 purple, 1 red, 1 yellow
Snack 2: Two hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 cup grapes, and 1 cup baby carrots = 1 green, 1/2 purple, 1 orange
Snack 3: One small apple= 1 purple
Snack 1: 1 small 4-inch pita bread, 3 tsp. peanut butter, 1/2 large banana = 1 purple, 1 yellow, 3 tsp.
Snack 2: Two hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 cup strawberries, 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, and 3/4 cup cucumber = 1 1/2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red
Snack 3: One scoop Shakeology with 1 cup fruit, water, and ice
How to Make the FIXATE Meal Prep
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Make the FIXATE Sweet Potato Casserole following these instructions; place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- While the Sweet Potato Casserole is cooking, season three 6 oz. chicken breasts, two 4 oz. chicken breasts, and two 4 oz. turkey breasts with salt and pepper. Bake chicken breast and turkey breast in oven-safe dishes for 15-20 minutes at 375° F. Cook until chicken and turkey breasts are longer pink inside and, when cut, the juices run clear.
- To prepare green beans and cauliflower, place each in separate microwave-safe bowls with a 1/2 cup of water, season with freshly ground pepper and cook each in the microwave on high for 6-7 minutes.
- After the Sweet Potato Casserole has cooled, divide it into 8 portions. Add one portion to each of your five storage containers. To two of the containers, add one 6 oz. cooked chicken breast, 1/2 tsp. olive oil, and one cup green beans. To two of the containers, add one turkey breast and one cup of cooked cauliflower. Freeze the remaining three portions of the Casserole.
- Reduce your oven’s heat to 350° F. To bake spaghetti squash, place whole spaghetti squash on parchment-lined baking sheet. Poke squash two to three times with a fork, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is cooking, prepare breakfast by making Creamy Quinoa Porridge from FIXATE. Portion out 1/2 cup Creamy Quinoa Porridge into five storage containers. Top each portion with strawberries, blueberries, almonds, coconut, and raisins.
- Make two and a half batches of FIXATE Marinara by following these instructions. While the marinara is cooling to room temperature, cut the cooled squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds, scrape flesh into noodles using a fork, and fill two storage containers with one 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, 4 oz. baked chicken, and two tablespoons of cheese. When the Marinara has cooled, add two tablespoons to each container. Reserve remaining Marinara to use in FIXATE Zucchini Noodle Lasagna.
- Increase oven temperature to 375° F. Follow these instructions to make the FIXATE Zucchini Noodle Lasagna.
- While the Lasagna is cooking, prepare snacks. To make the Overnight Oats, place 1/4 cup oatmeal, one scoop Shakeology, and one cup water in three mason jars. Cap, shake, and place in fridge. To make the other snacks, in three meal prep containers, add two hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup grapes, and one cup baby carrots. In two meal prep containers, add two hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup strawberries, 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, and 3/4 cup cucumber. In two meal prep containers, add one 4-inch pita bread, 3 tsp. peanut butter, and one large banana (you’ll eat half one day, and half another).
- Allow Zucchini Noodle Lasagna to cool, then cut into equal portions. Fill three storage containers each with one slice. Freeze the remaining slices for a future meal prep.
Your Grocery List:
26 oz chicken breast
8 oz turkey breast
1 dozen large eggs
2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 cups fresh or frozen fruit
2 pints strawberries
1/2 pint blueberries
3 small apples
1 1/2 cup grapes
1 large banana
Vegetables + Herbs
1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 large eggplant
2 large zucchinis
3 cups green beans
2 cups cauliflower
1 spaghetti squash
2 medium onions
1 garlic bulb
3 cups baby carrots
1 bunch fresh basil
1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
Dry and Canned Goods
3/4 cup oats
1 cup red quinoa
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raw pecans
3 cans whole peeled tomatoes
3 4-inch pita breads
natural peanut butter
Pantry + Other
ground black pepper
ground or whole cardamom
ground or whole cinnamon
ground or fresh ginger
sea salt or Himalayan salt
grass-fed unsalted butter
dry white wine