Love Caesar salad but are watching your waistline? We’ve created a healthier Caesar salad that still includes Parmesan cheese, garlic croutons, lemon garlic dressing! We used grilled kale, but if you don’t want to spend the time grilling it, using raw kale works too. Just massage the dressing in to reduce the bitterness of the leafy green!
Healthier Caesar Salad
Total Time: 23 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
2 cloves garlic, grated, divided use
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
2 bunches raw kale, washed, dried (about 1 lb.)
4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
2. To make dressing, combine half of garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Slowly add 2 Tbsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
4. Combine remaining 2 tsp. oil and remaining half of garlic in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Remove central rib and stem from each kale leaf. Brush leaves with half of oil and garlic mixture. Set aside.
6. Brush bread with the other half of oil and garlic mixture. Set aside.
7. Grill kale for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, or until slightly brown and crispy. (Kale might need to be grilled in batches.) Cut (or tear) into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
8. Grill bread for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy. Cut into large cubes.
9. Combine kale and bread in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
10. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 394 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 11 g
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.